Monday, March 11, 2019

The Work of Your Hand, Jennifer Hall Rivera, EdD

I was so excited about this resource when I saw it! As soon as I find out I am pregnant I begin speaking Jeremiah 1:5 over my children. From the womb they hear my voice remind them of who has placed them in the womb. This sacred time is something I marvel at - the fact that God is knitting together a tiny beautiful human in my body, unique and beautiful and like Jeremiah 1:5 says set aside for something special. This book reinforces this idea with the unique perspective of hands on learning of how fingerprints make us unique - one of a kind. In a world where children struggle with the idea that they are unique and special individuals, and where the enemy is trying to convince them they are not special this book gives you the tool to explore just how unique they are. Written in a rhyming storybook format with fun and colorful pages it is perfect for early elementary age kids. Each page describes different aspects of the fingerprint and how this combines to make a unique and totally different print for each person. At different times there is an opportunity to stop and do a fingerprint so they can see the whorl, arch or loops found in their prints. At the end of the workbook there are a ton of fun and interactive activities for kids to explore their unique fingerprint and the unique prints of their friends and family. So grab some inkpads in different colours and get ready to explore the world of fingerprints. Enjoy the evidence of how you are created in the Image of God and created very differently from every other person in the world. I highly recommend this. I will be purchasing multiple copies for use at church with out kids as well as copies for my own kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

She Conquers Caitlin Denman

Strong World building and great characters that grow and develop throughout the book. Destiny, friendships, betrayals, growing trust, love. ...