Friday, February 24, 2023

Faeries and Fangs by Theophilus Monroe

So this author is new to me - I got the book as a review copy. I'd have to say that I will now be following this author and picking up books that are already published. I actually felt anxious at times in this book - and sadly I'll admit that this anxiousness to see the end or the outcome of a certain thing kept me up way past what is acceptable for a working mom. But, in all honesty it was worth it....well, worth it to get to the end where I still want to know more and can't wait to see this story play out in future books. This certainly has more twists than a single book should have but with each twist, turn, up and down the reader is drawn in, tensions build and emotions are caught up in a story that you want to see worked out. Great read. Thanks Theophilus Monroe for a great book! Very interesting imagination, I'd love to see the notes and sketches that happened before this was put to paper - or are you just that great of a wordsmith that this story flowed from your head to keyboard without any fore-planning at all? Best of luck as you continue to create captivating (and nerve-wracking) stories in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

She Conquers Caitlin Denman

Strong World building and great characters that grow and develop throughout the book. Destiny, friendships, betrayals, growing trust, love. ...