Tuesday, February 14, 2023

The Blood of a Dragon by Jack Adkins

I'm new to books with Dragons so I can't say how this lines up with others written in the same type of genre. However, I can give an honest assessment based upon reading other fantasy novels. I found the book to be a bit slow to take off and halfway through the second chapter I did not know if I wanted to continue or not - but I did because I hate adding books to the DNF shelf unless I absolutely have given them a fair chance. And.....I'm so glad I stuck this one out!! The world building is so worth it all, and the characters are rich and enjoyable. The over all story and plot line was great. I have to say that I am excited to see the next book. Kudos to the author's first shot at writing a published novel - well done indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

She Conquers Caitlin Denman

Strong World building and great characters that grow and develop throughout the book. Destiny, friendships, betrayals, growing trust, love. ...