Saturday, February 25, 2023

Saber, Roots of Hope by Monica Red

I don't hate the book, but I'm not in love with the writing style either. By this I mean that the story concept was amazing, the idea was promising, but somewhere it fell a bit flat. And I feel bad thinking this. Because I did enjoy it some the story is not bad at all. I feel that the Author has so much potential and that there is nowhere but up to go from here as her writing style and story telling (showing) matures and changes. In fact I have seen this happen with some very (now) famous author's whose first works were lacking in areas but as the series progressed and they wrote more you saw it. And....that is what I hope to see int he next books. Read this and be dropped into a harsh world with lots of action. Be prepared to be thrown off some when the character is speaking - sometimes it's not super clear, but even then you can overlook it for the story's sake. Monica Red, I look forward to reading the rest in this trilogy. I look forward to see the progression of your writing abilities. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to review your book! Received from StoryOrigin in exchange for honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

She Conquers Caitlin Denman

Strong World building and great characters that grow and develop throughout the book. Destiny, friendships, betrayals, growing trust, love. ...